battling migraines with botox
Botox works by blocking nerve and muscle activity, so that the muscles will be weakened and paralyzed for a while. This is what makes the wrinkles or creases in the skin around the injection site appear reduced or even disappeared.
The effects of botox are usually felt only a few days after the drug is injected and will last for 3–6 months. After that, gradually the muscles will contract again and wrinkles on the skin can reappear. However, wrinkles are not as severe as before because the muscles will contract after a long period of paralysis.
The dose of botox and the area of skin that needs to be injected depends on the health condition and the body’s response to the drug.
Benefits of Botox Injections for Beauty and Health
Botox injections are better known for beauty treatments, especially anti -aging treatments. In fact, botox also has many benefits in the field of health. The following are the benefits of botox injections in various areas:
The field of beauty
In the world of beauty or aesthetics, the benefits of botox injections are to:
- Reduces or eliminates fine lines and wrinkles in the outer corners of the eyes, between the eyebrows, and the forehead
- Shape or improve the appearance of the face
- Overcome branched, thin, and damaged hair
In the medical or health fields, botox injections are often used to treat the following conditions:
- The bladder is too active
- Urinary incontinence in adults
- Headache in chronic migraine sufferers
- Stiff muscles in the elbows, wrists and feet, and fingers and toes
- Neck pain and abnormal head position in patients with cervical dystonia
- Eye problems, such as squint and blepharospasm
- Excessive sweating ( hyperhidrosis ), especially in the armpit area
- Lazy eyes
- Certain nerve disorders, such as cerebral palsy
Botox Side Effects
Generally, botox injections are safe if the dosage is right and done by an experienced doctor. However, botox injections can also cause some of the following side effects:
- Pain, swelling, or bruising at the injection site
- The cold
- Lower eyelids or slanted eyebrows
- The lips looked slanted and saliva came out
- Dry eyes or excessive tearing
Before Deciding to Inject Botox
If you want to get a botox injection, here are some things to keep in mind and consider:
- The cost is quite expensive.
- The results are not permanent.
- Find a reference of a doctor who has the competence to perform this procedure.
- Find out the type and brand of botox that will be used.
- Check if the syringe and botox vial used are still in new condition and sealed.
- Find out what the side effects of botox injections are.
In addition, botox injections should not be performed if you are experiencing the following conditions:
- Planning to get pregnant, being pregnant, or breastfeeding
- Having swelling or skin infection around the area to be injected botox
- Have muscle disorders, such as muscle weakness or paralysis
- Have an allergy to botox
- Undergoing certain treatments
For some time after a botox injection, avoid driving or doing any activity that requires vision and concentration. For 3 days after a botox injection, avoid massaging or rubbing your face, doing strenuous exercise, sunbathing, or taking a sauna.